Saturday, November 26, 2011

Happy dance

Finally finished this piece. I LOVED working on this.  The hidden images emerged as it was being stitched because you couldn't see them in the chart.  I was actually telling Dani that I think that I might even stitch this again one day on black but reverse the direction and have them both on the same wall.  I think that would look amazing.

McDonald's Maple Leaf by Lynne Nicoletti stitched on 28 ct White Jobalen

Thank you again Dani for letting my borrow your chart! :)

Went and did a little bit of shopping today.  Went to Peir 1 and bought a few new ornies for the formal tree.  Oh they have such beautiful ornaments there!  The colours are stunning.  I got some fun pieces...plus I got my gift for the secret Santa at work from there as well. 

Right now I'm pinning ornies to backings and getting ready to hoping run them thru the sewing machine tonight.  I just want them all done by next weekend.  So even if I don't get all of them done tonight, I'll still have the rest of the week. :)



8 comments:

katica said...

looks fantastic! Congrats on the happy dance!

I'm looking forward to seeing your finished ornaments!

Edie said...

that is pretty! Congrats!

valerie said...

Wonderful finish Barbi!

Carol said...

Amazing finish, Barbi!! It is really one of the most striking cross stitch designs I've seen--great job :)

Karen said...

Wonderful finish Barbi!

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

wow! lovely finish and the way those images look inside is just gorgeous.

Daffycat said...

Holy crows, you stitched that fast! Are there singe marks on your fabric from that red-hot needle? lol Great finish, Barbi!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Woot! Woot! Congratulations Barbi!!! Looks fantastic!