Monday, February 20, 2012

IHSW post

I had a great weekend of stitching for IHSW!  Saturday I didn't get any stitching done, we took a little road trip with hubby and then went to the Lacrosse game on Saturday night, both were fantastic!  But Friday night I started and finished 2 Turtle Doves by PS!  I love working on these! 

2 Turtle Doves by Prairie Schooler - stitched on 28 ct Mushroom Lugana

Sunday was a great day of stitching as well, and because here in Alberta today was Family Day, we had a long weekend, so I spent an extra afternoon working on Hummingbird as well.  The scan doesn't do it any justice, the colors on this project are so pretty!  I'm afraid my mom is falling in love with this one and I think that she's hinting that she might want one for herself once I'm finished this one...but we'll have to see about that one.  I do think that it's stitching up pretty quickly despite all the detail.

10 comments:

Kaisievic said...

Lovely hermiiting - it is so much fun, isn't it?

hugs, Kaye xoxoxo

Hazel said...

Lovely progress! Sounds like a fun filled weekend. x

Carol said...

Your second block of 12 Days is darling, Barbi--I really love the color of the mushroom lugana that you're using!

I can see why your mom would want your hummingbird WIP--it is absolutely breathtaking :)

Ziggyeor said...

oh cute I love the hummingbird.

Heidi said...

Great progress and a little finish too. I have the PS 12 Days as a UFO. This year, I picked a number of my UFOs to finish off. I have far too many. Seeing yours makes me want to pick these up again.

Hugs from Holland ~
Heidi

Nancy M said...

I just have to say your hummingbird picture is so very pretty. I can see why she would want it!

katica said...

great progress! Your hummingbirds are beautiful! I can understand why you mom wants you to stitch it for her too!

Love the ornament!! I love this series and can hardly wait to stitch them up myself!

Blu said...

Cute finish on the turtledoves.

I'm not at all surprised your mom wants Hummingbird. It's absolutely gorgeous!

Joysze said...

Barbi, love your Hummingbird!!! The colors are just gorgeous.

2 Turtle Doves looks great too.

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

beautiful stitching :D