Tuesday, April 21, 2015

A Border update

Just a short little post I think today.  I was immersed in watching movies and the hockey games on Sunday, so I decided to do the "wheat" border as it as been affectionately named.  This doesn't require me to pull out the chart it's just a repetitive pattern. It's not too bad, cause it has to be done anyway, but it is very time consuming.  Once I took a step back I realized how much really got done, so I'm happy with my progress.  I think I might be doing the same thing on the other side next Sunday.  We'll see.


Ok...so have any of you jumped on this adult coloring craze?  I remember how much I used to love coloring...and when my nieces were still little, after we made the gingerbread house on Christmas Eve we would all sit down and color.  I miss those days.  So imagine my delight when I saw that this is a trend for adults now.  So I am starting to fill my Pinterest with coloring pages.  I had ordered a couple of books from Amazon.  Went to Michael's and bought some coloring pencils.  I am all set.

Now I just have to find time.  LOL

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

I went to Barnes & Noble to get a coloring book and they were all sold out.

I've printed a few off Pinterest, but they won't print with black lines. :-(

Yes .......I've jumped aboard the craze.

Your stitching is looking lovelier each time you post. I love the wheat border.

Happy stitching/coloring! :-)

Denise said...

Love the colors of this piece!!
Happy Stitching
Denise

Honeybee said...

We were supposed to give up coloring when we grew up?! ;O)

Barb said...

That's the perfect thing to stitch when you need to do something that is repetitive. I do love that design!

Rachel said...

That's more good progress. Happy colouring! :)

Unknown said...

Fabulous progress on the border.

Enjoy your colouring. As a bit of fun DH bought me some Spirograph which draws outline shapes and then you can colour them in - have to confess I haven't used it yet - another thing on my to do list!

butterfly said...


Love your stitching what a great idea.
I love to colour and have seen a few new adult books out now.
They will be going on my Christmas list this year.

Maggie said...

I asked my DH to pick me up an adult colouring book on his way home a few weeks ago, he gave me such a strange look, I think he was wondering what sort of pictures I was going to be colouring,lol.
So yes, I have got the bug :-) and my 21 year old daughter was so excited when she found out about them too!

Love your stitching, such pretty colours.

Natasha said...

This piece is so pretty!!

Every Christmas my mom would give me a coloring book and a new box of crayons. When I moved out on my own I bought myself crayons and coloring books every Christmas. Been awhile since I have done that though :)

Brigitte said...

Lovely progress. This border is getting longer and longer.

Linda said...

Wonderful progress on the border Barbi. I have seen coloring books on some blogs, but I can't find but would love to color.

Linda

Unknown said...

I have been following your progress and love the pattern and how it is turning out! The wheat border is lovely. I have never figured out how to comment on your blog. I'm trying again! I think coloring and stitching have some elements in common, which is why you enjoy it (filling in space with color).

Wilma

Manuela said...

Wonderful stitching.
I like the Cornwall Cottage. One day, I will stitch it,too.
Greetings, Manuela (your new follower)

Faith... said...

Great progress!

Carol said...

It's always nice to have some repetitive stitching when watching TV, isn't it? Your WIP is looking stunning, Barbie!

Looking forward to seeing your coloring! Were you a "stay within the lines" sort of colorer or a free spirit :)

Sheryl said...

Beautiful stitched border. I like your colour choice.

blue star stitcher said...

I'll have to check out your Pinterest coloring boards. I love looking at the Zentangle drawings and the mandalas to color. I have a special set of colored pencils at home just for me that my kids aren't allowed to play with (they were pricey!)

Unknown said...

Very nice color combination.It looks awesome.Thanks for share.
Yahoo Customer Service Number.

Lily Allen said...

Lovely progress..great idea।beautiful color combination .look so the pretty
clipping path