Monday, March 21, 2011

A bird in the cage...

Is all I managed to get done on Elizabeth.  I finished the bottom of the cage and then one of the birds.  I thought that I would be able to get both birds stitched but it didn't happen.  I find I'm doing lots of stitches, but the progress is slow on this one.  I love it though!  And I will definitely have two of Elizabeth's birds done next Sunday. :)

Here's a new update on Sockeye as well.  Coming along nicely if I do say so myself.  I love how this is shaping up too.  I've decided that I'm going to do the fish first and then work on the splash afterwards. It might prove to be a little tedious, but it should be ok. It's not going to fit on the scanner soon.  I've already lost the last few stitches on the bottom of the pic to the edge of the scanner bed so it will be photos soon.  Depending on how much I get done this week.  I might be able to squeeze it on for 1 more week.

I am sooooo jealous of all of your spring has spring pictures.  Here....it snowed...and it continues to snow, today, tomorrow, the day after.  Yep...happy Spring.  I'm going to have to find something springy to stitch.

5 comments:

Robin said...

Love the little birdie! And what a clever idea to use the scanner to upload images. Duh! I never thought of it. Thanks for a good idea. I'd never have to worry about the lighting.

Ziggyeor said...

OH yeah! Loving the progress on Elizabeth. I keep looking at these patterns thinking I'll ask my LNS to get them but then I remember how much I have all ready started!

Jan said...

Barbi, your stitching is beautiful! I love Elizabeth and would love to stitch her this summer!

Carol said...

Nice progress on Elizabeth, Barbi. And your Sockeye is coming along wonderfully--that will be an amazing finish when you're all done.

No spring pictures here to speak of--nothing has bloomed and it has just been gray and rainy with snow forecast for tomorrow. Will we ever get warm, sunny days again??

Daffycat said...

Oh wow ~ beautiful stitching, Barbi! I really love the birdie so much!

Crazy weather. We had many days of above-normal temps now back to chilly. At least we've had no more snow. I think I'd cry if it snowed again!