Wednesday, September 8, 2010

We're home!

We've actually been home for a week now, and I'm back to work, but still after more than 3 weeks away and almost a month away from work, it feels like we just got home. 

We had a wonderful trip.  Visited family and friends and walked the banks of the Danube at night and stopping at streetside cafe's drinking espresso and partaking in delectable pastries.  OH MY!  It was so romantic!  I recommend everyone do it at least once.

But everything is back to normal, and we're back in routine.  I was kind of missing the routine, I am a creature of habit so it's good to be back and doing what needs to be done.

I have gotten back into stitching as well, I didn't get a chance at all to stitch while we were away, believe me I did pack a project to take with me but it didn't even make it out of the case, so it will be one of my next projects.   I got a lot of time on Sunday to stitch on Molly.  I was still sort of adjusting to the time change again, and woke up early in the morning, put on some coffee and took her out to work on.  And this is the result of my Sunday stitch. 

I also got to work on The Song they Sang.  I'm feeling a happy dance coming on with this one soon, maybe even this week.  We'll see how it goes, I love working on it so that makes it go by quickly.

I have totally lost count on how many ornies I have to stitch and what I've stitched.  So I'll see.  I've kind of lost the flavor of the reindeer a month yen.. I might just wing it and just stitch what hits me as being fun to stitch.  The reindeer were starting to become a chore, so I think I'm going to switch it up.

And how was everyone's August?

4 comments:

Suburban Stitcher said...

wow! you've been busy!

Daffycat said...

I always have huge, grand plans for vacation stitching and rarely get a chance to stitch!

Awesome progress on your WIPs! I'm ready for that happy dance, girl!

Stitch Wizard said...

Oh your vacation sounds just wonderful and anything romantic would suit me just fine!! You and I have some similar tastes as I have both of these projects in my stash and am so glad I got all of the girls in this series as well as The Song they Sang before it is too late! I will love watching your progress!! Thank you for such sweet words about my little Brandi! She is so sweet and I am so happy she is getting well every day!! Your stitching is just beautiful!!

Carol said...

Welcome back! Your trip sounds wonderful, Barbi! Maybe someday I'll get to Europe myself...

Love your WIPs :)