Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Molly 4, June's reindeer, TUSAL

Lots to show today.  Got quite a bit of stitching time in on Sunday on Molly, so that makes me happy.  We went to our Hungarian Cultural Centre for thei annual summer picnic.  Which was great.  The food was yummy, and I was able to catch up with a couple of friends that I hadn't seen in a while (Hi ladies!!....they're stitcher's too) we watched some of the World cup Final there.  and then Mom started to get a little uncomfortable so we came home, and I settled in with Molly.  I know that she still has that ghostly hand lingering on her dress, I think that will be my goal for next week, so give her that hand and a head. 


I finally finished my June reindeer ornament, this was the one that proved to be more of a project than I had anticipated it to be. It's stitched over 1 so I'm happy with it, but not as happy as I thought I would be.  I don't know why, but oh well, it's done and it'll be finished and go on my tree.  :)

Mariage by R&P stitched 1x1 on 28 ct lugana

And finally the TUSAL that is a few days overdue.  But not as overdue as last month.  So I feel like I'm still ahead of the game.  And yes Kati, that is a little elfen troll whom I just adore.  She was a little dark last month so I took another pic of her this month.  I love that she's a little nasty and is sticking out her tongue.

So tonight I am hoping to get some stitching done on The Song They Sang, and then tomorrow hubby and I are going to head down to the Calgary Stampede.  Do some eating, so stolling around looking at the crafts at the Western Showcase, and get our ornament for this year.  :)

3 comments:

Meadows08 said...

Great finish and progress on Molly!

I love the Stampede! There's lots of yummy things to eat and GREAT people watching, LOL.

Carol said...

Barbi--what are you talking about? That little ornament is just wonderful! I think it looks amazing and it will be look great on your tree this December.

Have fun at the Calgary Stampede--sounds like it will be a great day! You'll have to show us the ornament that you end up getting :)

stitcherw said...

Cute Reindeer finish, and Molly is looking good too. However, I think I'll like her better with a hand and head too, LOL. Have fun at the Stampede. My daughter is in Vancouver with the circus right now for about 6 weeks, then they'll be in Calgary for about 6 weeks before then come back to the U.S. I've never been to either, Toronto is about it for me (I got to see Phantom of the Opera there, awesome).
Sue