Monday, March 22, 2010

Good stitching weekend

I love it when the weekend comes together and you manage to get all the housework and the grocery shopping and everything out of the way early enough that the rest of the weekend is your's to do with what you want.  That's the kind of weekend that I had and I managed to have not 1, but 2, happy dances.

The first is my Hummingbird.  I love the way it turned out.  The picture doesn't do it any justice AT ALL.  It's really quite fetching in real life.

Hummingbird by Island Art, Stitched over 2 on 28 ct. white Jobelan

Second happy dance is my March reindeer ornament, this one is a freebie by Aury  stitched over 1.
Reindeer by Aury, stitching over 1 on 28 ct Jobelan
I actually started He's a flake by LHN on Sunday as well and planned on finishing it up today, but after settling in and after about 10 stitches, I didn't feel like stitching tonight.  So I packed it all up and will pull it out tomorrow.

3 comments:

Carol said...

Your hummingbird is amazing, Barbi--love the colors and the graphic design of the piece.

Don't you love stitching over one? It is my new addiction--the little reindeer looks so cute with the snowflake on his nose :)

wot said...

Your stitching looks great, enjoy your happy dance!
I have tagged you for an award on my blog, please see http://jadestitch.blogspot.com/

socialsue said...

I love ur hummingbird!!!!! Lovely colors!

socialsue