Thursday, December 17, 2009

More decorations.

No stitching going on...just decorating. But I'm now DONE!!! So hopefully this weekend(cross my fingers) I'll actually be able to feel what it's like to have a needle in between my fingers again. At this rate Snapperyear's border won't be finished by the end of the year...but I'm hoping. I only have a couple of more things to pick up as gifts, and then some cookie baking to do and then it's just sit back and relax. (the best laid plans...right?)

We're made our plans for New Year's eve, we're going (as we do every year) to the Hungarian Culture Centre for some fabulous food, dancing and great friends! Some I haven't seen since last New Year's, so it's always a good time :)

The Main tree is up, this is the one that stands in our living room, with the village on top of the entertainment unit. Next year we are going to actually build it it's own setting, so I'm looking forward to that. It's a slow process of collecting a piece each year, but it's coming together, and I love it :) You'll also see under the tree 3 of my snowglobes, I have a collection of those as well, which I'll try to show more of tomorrow.

Thank you all for your comments on my stitching tree. That tree is a work in progress that I love to show off, and brag about.





8 comments:

valerie said...

Your decorations look great. I really like your village collection! Wow!

Jan said...

Your holiday decor looks so very lovely, Barbi! Doesn't it feel good to have accomplished it all? Hope you have a most wonderful Christmas!

katica said...

Lovely! The tree looks fantastic as well as the village! I love your village and your snowglobes! I'm really looking forward to seeing you at New Years!!! (it was awesome seeing you today too!)

Love ya!

Carol said...

Your home looks so festive and inviting, Barbi! I love the Christmas village with all of the little glowing lights in the houses--just darling...

Hope you get some stitching time this weekend and that you and your family have a magical Christmas :)

Danielle said...

Ooh, pretty! I love seeing everyone's Christmas decorations. Look forward to seeing your stitching when you are able to get back to it!

Daffycat said...

So lovely, Barbi! Your home looks so festive.

I am thinking I'll do my border as I go along. If I leave if for last it probably won't get done at all!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Hopefully my tree is going up tomorrow!!! Maybe it'll start to feel a little more like Christmas!

Michelle said...

All your decorations are gorgeous! Your home looks so festive!