Tuesday, August 4, 2009

New Sunday SAL 1

So Kati and I have begun a new Sunday SAL, since we finished the Home of a Needleworker. Kati is a week ahead of me, but I got some really good stitching time on Sunday so I think I made a nice dent for my 1st installment of LHN's - Neighbourhood. I have wanted to stitch this one since I first saw it, so I am excited to actually get to it. I'm stitching it on 28 ct. Platinum Lugana with the suggested dmc threads. But it's a lovely stitch so far. I absolutely love how the designer does these weeping willow trees.

I had to run to Michael's on Saturday to pick up a skein of floss or two and I ended up buying some new ribbons to add to my stash. The Christmas one's are coming out so I'm excited about that. to start working up some of tose ornaments that I have stitched already. I also ordered and recieved LHN's Sampler Girl (See already setting up for our next SAL! LOL)

I have fallen behind on my Snapper Year. I am only part way thru July's square and August is already upon us. We are changing servers at work and I had to pull 10 and 11 hour days all week last week, so I didn't get any time to stitch at all. I was happy to come home, shower off the day and flop into my chair. But hopefully now it seems theat the end is in sight for everything to be in place, and this is the first day in 10 days that I have left the office on time, so I'll be sitting myself down with my stitching in hand tonight and getting some more done on my July square and I think I'll just flow right into the august one. It would be a little hopeful to say that I would like to have both of them done this week. But I've set that goal. HA!

No comments: