Sunday, November 15, 2009

Hunting Widow

Hubby left this morning in the weeeee hours of the morning on his hunting trip. This is a pilgrimage that he and my brother do for a week every year, to basically do the male bonding thing. Grunting, farting, burping, chest thumping "me hunter...you beast" thing. I actually don't mind it....cause when he's gone I get to do the girlie things. Eat nice simple meals, watch a week of television without ever once stopping on a hockey game. Stitch and last but not least stretch out on the bed with all the pillows and fall to sleep in "fresh-air" You know what I mean by that...don't you ladies??? No stretching and farting ceremonies before sleep! LOL


I finished my November Twirls square on the BC snapper. One more month to go and then the border and it's done! I love how folky this looks.



I'm settling in with my Sunday SAL piece now for the afternoon, and later make a taco salad for supper. (Hubby hates tacos! LOL)

6 comments:

Daffycat said...

Wonderful Barbi! I've enjoyed watching this grow. In fact, I liked it so much the charts are on order, hopefully they will be here this coming week!

staci said...

I like your version of the weekend much better than the guys', lol! Great job on your BC snapper!!!

valerie said...

Great progress..you're almost done!

Deb said...

It's looking great Barbi. My BIL didn't even have to go off for one of those hunting adventures. He got a doe outside his house with a bow on Friday! He owns 10 acres and can hunt on his land! Hope you're having a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your week of freedom LOL. I love the snappers, I used these designs for a RR a few years ago and they look great.

katica said...

Enjoy your week (what's left anyways) and your snappers look fantastic! I love them so much... I still need to add the buttons to mine though, are you adding buttons or snaps when its done?