Monday, July 27, 2009

Ta-da's!

Finally finished! Sorry Kati, I'm a week behind, but this Sunday I got Home of A Needleworker finished for our SAL! And I did get as far as pulling the floss and doing a floss toss for the fabric for our next Sunday SAL....LHN Neighbourhood! Woo hooo, I have wanted to do this one for the last year! So I am excited about it. But first let me bathe in the glory of finishing this SAL. I love how it turned out and have to find the perfect frame for it.


Design: Home of a Needleworker
Designer: Little House Needleworks
Stitched on 28 ct. Lugana - Cameo
Floss: recommended Crescent Colours

Then second happy dance! I finished my July ornie. Christmas Fox, the companion piece to last month's Christmas Cow. Loved working on this too. Not sure what August's will be, but I'm happy with this month's for sure. I am going to have to find time to get these all completely finished as well.


Design: Christmas Fox
Designer: Leisure Arts
Stitched on 28 ct Jobelan - White
Recommended floss

We went camping this weekend, which was amazing. The weather was perfect, the water was perfect, we spent most of Saturday on the boat, which was wonderful. We docked at the beach and walked on the beach for a bit. I have to say it was a romantic weekend, just the two of us. I won't go into details, but it was a pretty amazing weekend. And I'm such a city girl. I practically squealed with glee on Saturday morning when I stepped out the trailer and heard a rustling in the tree nearby and saw a gorgeous grey owl fly out of it, followed by a smaller one. I was delighted! I had never seen one in real life out in the wild. In the zoo, yes, but not flying free.
So at the moment I'm working on my Bent Creek July square, and then hopefully get to work a bit on Rose of Sharon.

3 comments:

katica said...

great finishes! Love both of them! Sounds like you had a fantastic weekend, and I agree with you about the owl, I would have done the same thing! (actually I did Friday night except we were driving home when I saw it!)

I'm looking forward to your progress pics on the Bent Creek, Mirabilia and next week's LHN!

Daffycat said...

Fantastic finishes! I love the little fox ornament ~ sweet!

Wow, the only wild owl I've ever seen was driving home in a horrible rainstorm and we nearly hit it. Too cool!

staci said...

Congrats on your LHN finish, it's wonderful!!!