Monday, January 19, 2015

Hermitting & Sunday SAL

So here it is!  I'm so happy that it's started!  I have wanted to work on this chart ever since it was released and I had bought it a long time ago, sitting in my stash, my ever growing retirement plan. :) When Kati and I were trying to decide what to our new project was going to be, I think it was a little wish from both of us that the other would pick this one.  This time around Linda has decided to join us as well!!!  Yeah...the more the merrier!  There's still time if anyone else would like to join us!  I started mine in the bottom center. I'm curious to see where the other two ladies started theirs. 


I had planned on stitching all day...but you know what they say....When people make plans...God laughs.  Well he must have been rolling on the ground on Saturday night when I announced my plan of stitching all day....because at 11 on Sunday morning my niece shows up with her 3 children... All under 3, the littlest one being 1 month old, along with them came my brother and sister-in-law and they were here until 4:30.  That is a long...very loud...visit.  And of course no stitching.  Once they left, hubby came home and I didn't settle down to stitch until after 7.  So this was about 3 hours of stitching done.  I was happy that I was able to finish the 1st motif on it.

On Saturday night I finished a little freebie that I'll make into an ornament for my tree.  I think it's a little cutie.  The freebie chart can be found here.  Cardinal Heart by Kissy-Cross.  I also started another ornament on Saturday night after I finished this quick little stitch. Snowbirds from the 2013 JCS ornie issue, that I'll be working on the rest of the week. 





18 comments:

Deb said...

Such beautiful work!! Well done!
Kids do put a kink in the best of plans.

Unknown said...

You did really well to get so much started on the SAL after having an unexpected visit.

Love your Christmas stitch too.

Honeybee said...

That SAL is going to be beautiful! :O)

katica said...

looks great! What fabric are you doing yours on?

Love your ornament!!

Bea said...

You did really well, considering the unexpected visitors. Great pieces.

Linda said...

Beautiful start Barbi. I love the little ornament.

Linda

Rachel said...

I'm sorry your Sunday stitching plans were interrupted, but I'm sure you had a good time with your family. You still made good progress. :)

CATHI said...

Great start! And a wonderful finish! :o)

Cathi

Pull the other thread said...

Fantastic start. That is such a pretty chart, looking forward to seeing to progress. Love your little finish too, it definitely is very cute!

Carol said...

So sorry your stitching plans didn't work out, Barbi--my weekends seem to end up like that, too, and I often get most of my stitching done on weeknights. Love this new start and the cute little heart :)

Enjoy your week!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Wow you had quite the day!!! I'm sorry to hear you didn't get in a full day's progress on your project, but the colours are just wonderful!

Congrats on the little cardinal heart finish. I'll be printing that off and adding it to my stitching pile!

Melissa said...

Cute stitching!

Brigitte said...

This little cardinal heart is so sweet. Thanks for the link to this freebie.
Lovely stitching.

Anonymous said...

I love the colors in your SAL. Can't wait to see the whole thing. :-)

Catherine said...

Had a four day weekend and not one stitch put in here ~ so you are ahead of me! Lol! Love your sal and that Cardinal is so sweet!

Marcy said...

Beautiful start to your SAL. It's such a pretty project, I'll enjoy watching you stitch this.

Andrea said...

A lovely SAL start and a wonderful finish.

Chris said...

Lovely stitching!