Monday, March 24, 2014

Another IHSW and Travelling chart

So where to begin?  I haven't posted in a month??  Really?  Wow it doesn't seem that long. Time is flying by fast..it's almost the end of March!  But let me assure you, it still feels like November with this winter that is never going to end!  Geesh!  We had some nice Spring-ish weather last week enough to fool the tulips into peeking out of the ground, and then boom back came winter with cold temperatures and snow.  Oh well, spring will come.  It always does.

So I start first with my Sunday SAL that I am doing with Kati.  Silver Linings Humboldt Coast.  It's coming along.  I am starting to see the light at the end of the more than 1 year tunnel on this one.  I love stitching on it though, and it's so satisfying to see it emerge into what it's turning into.  My mom has already laid claim on it.  So I'll be happy to frame this and give it to her.

Not much progress happening on Elizabeth.  I haven't found a lot of time to stitch this last week, or even month for that matter.  Everytime I sit to do some stitching, something always comes up that I have to pack it all away.  Or I manage a few stitches and then that's as far as I get.   This week doesn't look too promising either, but I'm going to try.

I am excited about this little project.  I won a chance to stitch this little piece as a travelling chart..Bent Creek - Glad Tidings. So again ladies, I will be gathering names to pick from to send it on it's next leg of it's journey.  Thank you Andrea for all the wonderful treasures that you sent along with the chart!  I spring colours of the floss are perfect....I am going to stitch this year's "bunny bums" with one of these colours for sure!!  Just which one.  None of this will go to waste, that's for sure...and are much appreciated.  

So Ladies....leave a comment on this post and in the next couple of weeks I'll be drawing a name for the next destination.


12 comments:

valerie said...

Great report Barbi! Love seeing your Humboldt Coast progress and Alexandria is coming along. Every little bit helps! Very sweet of Andrea to send you some extras with the traveling pattern!!

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Your Humboldt coast is beautiful! That will be stunning :)

Mii Stitch said...

Humboldt Coast is coming along so beautifully! Can't wait to see more of it :)

Dani - tkdchick said...

Humboldt looks awesome I can't believe you're going to give it away... but I gave away my big purple egg with the understanding I get it back when my Dad passes. So I know someday it'll be on my wall!

Oooh you got glad tidings!!! I enjoyed that one.

Barb said...

Your Humboldt Coast looks stunning. Great job on it.

Carol said...

Really amazing piece, that Humboldt Coast... I can see why your mom wanted it for her own :) And how very kind of Andrea to send you the pretty floss. I am so enjoying stitching with lighter colored floss these days. At least I get a bit of Spring into my life--it sure isn't coming any other way :)

Enjoy your week, Barbi!

Julie said...

Lucky mum. :) Love this piece.

Andrea said...

Your WIP is looking lovely. I bet it will great on your mum's wall. :)
Have fun with the travelling pattern. :)

Anonymous said...

Glad Tidings is so cute.

All of your projects look great.

Isn't it amazing though, how little time we have these days to relax with our needles. The days just get busier and busier.

Linda K's Stitching Corner said...

I have found your blog....I really like your blog. Your stitching is so beautiful...congratulations on your goodies.

I have become a follower of your blog. I have a Blog and here is the link:

http://lindakstitchingcorner.blogspot.com

I would like for you to become a follower of my blog too.

Happy Stitching
Linda K, Railroad

Anonymous said...

pretty nice blog, following :)

Heather said...

Hi Barbi! My name is Heather and I was wondering if you could answer my quick question about your blog! If you could email me at Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com that would be great :-)