Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Oh my word!!!  Is anyone still out there?  Where has the time gone?  And what did I do with it?  I did a little bit of stitching...but not that much.  Well I did ta-da finish Humboldt Coast by Silver Lining that Kati and I stitched in a year and a half of Sundays.  However this month we both decided that we wanted to get it done and we made it our focus piece and raced to the finish line.  I started to do the backstitching on this one, but decided that I didn't like it.  So I took it out and then decided to take out the backstitching that I did in the wave as well a while ago, because it seemed an eyesore to me, and I didn't like it...so out it came.  I love how it's turned out.  I don't think that I would ever stitch it again though.  It's for my Mom but it doesn't leave my house cause Mom lives with me.  So it will be somewhere on the wall in the house.  You can click on this image to big-a-fie.


Info on the piece.....  Humboldt Coast, Designer The Silver Lining.  Stitched on Silkweavers Expressions - 32ct Romance.

Kati and I have already decided on our next Sunday SAL but we have yet to discuss a start date.  the next project is going to be spectacular too!

So what else has been new;  my bum knee got better (well not better...but certainly had some relief) when I had a large Baker's cyst aspirated.  And it was good for more than a couple of weeks, but because the knee isn't repaired yet, it did come back.....so I'll see how long I can bare the pain and get it aspirated again until I can get to the ortho (long wait list) to get my gel injection.

Camping season is upon us!  WOO HOOO!!!!!  We are trying to get a spot at our favorite campground for this weekend, but we won't be able to call until the day before we want to pull in because they changed the rules this year.  So Thursday morning, 9 am, I'll be on the phone making a reservation.   Reading, Stitching and relaxing by the lake....sounds like a wonderful way to spend 4 days!

How has everyone been???  I've missed you!





11 comments:

Linda said...

Congrats on the gorgeous finish Barbi. Have fun at the campground.

Linda

Blu said...

Congrats! It's such a gorgeous finish!
Have fun camping.

Brigitte said...

Oh my, what a finish this is. Congratulations! I love this kind of design very much. I'm already very curious to see what you chose next for your Sunday stitching.
Have fun this weekend.

Annie said...

Fantastic finish! I love it without the backstitching. Looking forward to your next project!

Lauren M said...

Beautiful! Fabulous finish! Well done :)

Carol said...

We've missed you, too, Barbi! And what a fantastic finish to welcome us back with--it looks like a watercolor painting. So glad it doesn't have to leave your house :)

Enjoy the camping--sure hope your knee cooperates.

Oh, and "Bachelorette" thoughts?

valerie said...

Gorgeous finish Barbi! I have really enjoyed watching your progress on Humboldt Coast. Can't wait to see what you and Kati start next.

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

Your finish is beautiful! Looking forward to your new start. Happy Stitching. :)

Anonymous said...

Good to see you back blogging!

Have fun on that camping trip! :-)

Shebafudge said...

A bit late but huge congratulations on the finish. I can't wait to see what you have picked for the next SAL. xx

Anonymous said...

OMG that is just OMG!!!