Friday, November 1, 2013

It's November already?

Can you believe that it's November already??  I can't!!!  This year went by so fast!  the summer was like a blink,  fall is just as quick!  We are setting back the clocks this weekend (this I am NOT upset about) I can use that extra hour in the morning.  It is so dark at 5:30 in the morning it feels like it's the middle of the night!  Not that it's going to be much different an hour later, but still....it'll be closer to daybreak.

Hunting season has arrived at our house.  which means that I will become a hunting widow...which is not bad...because that's when I become a stitching goddess!  LOL  Hubby has already left for the weekend so that leave me and Mom and Lulu.  Yea...girls weekend...lots of stitching for me.  My plans for tonight....taking a nice long bubble bath and then stitching until midnight!  aaaahhhhh  heaven!

So yesterday was Halloween at the clinic, it was so much fun.  It was nice because almost everyone dressed up this year.  (must be new management...tee hee hee)  I was the Queen of Hearts this year, Shelley was the Mad Hatter, and Ashley was Alice.  We were definitely a hit, lots of patients asked us to pose together so they could take pics.


I've had a finish and some progress pics to show.  There's a Halloween piece that I was working on but it didn't get finished in time.  I am going to finish cross stitching it this weekend though and I'll post that when it's done.  I finished another Dimensions ornament Ho Ho Ho.  Love the way it turned out.  I have to one weekend this month do a finishing weekend as well, so that all these ornaments will make it to my tree this year.  I also started and am participating in Plum Street Samplers Sunday Mystery sampler...called Mary's Sampler 2.  There are two versions, 1 and 2...2 having more detail. It turns out to be a nice little morning stitch on Sunday mornings and then I move on to Humboldt Coast, which I haven't worked on for a few Sunday's but I did manage this past Sunday.




So that's it....That's about as caught up as I'm going to be today.....have a great Friday everyone!


3 comments:

Chris said...

Wow! You guys look great.
Love all of your projects!

Linda said...

Great costumes. Your making some nice progress on your pieces and congrats on the finish.

Linda

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

You make an amazing Queen of Hearts!!

Great stitching too. I am very tempted by Mary's Sampler having seen so many versions of it on various blogs.