Tuesday, October 2, 2012

I cheated a little :)

But just a little.  I figure that I haven't stitched all summer, and since I had finished Suzannah that I stitched normally on Sunday, that I would pick up my 6 fatmen and stitch then on Sunday and Monday.  So that was my cheat...not a bad one...right? 
And with it came a finish.  I finished the "Snow House" square with my extra day. I'm happy with it. I'm actually happy with the whole project.  I just love it on this fabric.


I've been thinking a lot about what my next projects should be.  I am still waiting for my local stitching shop to send me my copy of the JCS christmas issue.  I'm hoping it gets here before christmas!  Geesh I hate waiting.  So I'm going to try to focus on the rest of my 12 days of Christmas by PS.  And a couple of more ornies that I have my eye on from a couple of books that I have.  But none of those are set in stone, it's on an as time allows basis.  I have my eye and my heart kind of set on doing Elizabeth by Mirabilia.  I've got all the threads for it already.  I still need to get the beads .... and choose the fabric.  I don't know if I want to go neurtral...or whether I want to do it on something dark and dramatic.  I feel a floss toss will have to take place soon.

They are forecasting a snow/rain mix for us tonight and with the way the wind is blowing and temperture is dropping, I think that it may come to pass.  booo hoooo...but they are also saying that it's going to be nice and autumn warm this weekend, so whatever we do get isn't going to have much of a last impact.  It did encourage me to go outside though yesterday and take some pics of the amazing blooms on my dahlia bushes this year.  Flowers on steroids....that's what my neighbours are saying this year! LOL

9 comments:

Catherine said...

Cute stitches and what a beautiful flower!

Anonymous said...

wow almost done. I've been cheating every day lol

Daffycat said...

Wonderful progress! The fabric really is perfect and shows up the stitching just lovely. Getting close to a finish now!

Barb said...

I love both the flower and the cute snowman stitch!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Wow Barbie, that bloom is amazing!!!!

Such a cute little finish, I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking about upcoming starts!

Anne said...

Love your fat men and can't wait to see your 12 days by PPS!! I still need to get my JCS mag! Wow that dahlia is on steroids or something!!

Joysze said...

Whooo, almost done with them!! :D

Your Suzannah finish is beautiful!

Unknown said...

Isn't it great to know that the end of the Fat Man SAL is almost in sight - it's looking fabulous and has been such fun seeing everyones progress each week. Elizabeth from Mirabillia looks great and if you decide to do that one it will be great to see your progress each week.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I love this little snowman stitch, they are so jolly!
Looking forward to your Mirabilia next.