Friday, December 11, 2009

My stitching tree

***Warning Picture Heavy***
The first of my sets of pictures. I had to start with my stitching tree...that's how Mom refers to it and she's pretty much right...this tree in our family room has nothing but stitched ornaments on it. the majority being stitched by me and then gifts from stitching friends as well. I love love love putting this tree up every year. It gets bigger and bigger each year.

Along the fireplace you will see our stockings all hung with care. These are all cross stitched by me as well, accept for Elexandra's and Judy's. Those one's were done by Judy, my sister-in-law. Who, pretty much after these stockings, retired her stitching needles. You'll see mine, My Hubby's, my three neices, Brent(Brother) and Judy's (his wife) all in a row. That was a very productive and busy stitching year for us. We decided that we wanted to have Stitched stockings and we pretty much started the day after Christmas one year, and stitched all year.

I've taken a couple of shots of the room at different angles as well.
You can click on all pictures to see bigger views.

Not much stitching going on...too many other things to do right now. I'll be building the village and doing the tabletops tonight & tomorrow. Standing up the tree in the living room tonight to drape, and wrapping the lights on it tomorrow. letting it drape again and then putting on the ornaments on the big living room tree on Sunday...then it's just a matter of sitting back and admiring all the Christmas gorgeousness!












18 comments:

Daffycat said...

Ooo, I love your stitching tree! How wonderful! And all your stitched stockings. That was an ambitious project! I love it all, Barbi!

Anonymous said...

Wow! It's Christmas at YOUR house for sure. Beautiful!

I love the Britty Kitty ornaments. Absolutely adorable.

katica said...

I love your stitching tree, and I loved looking at all the ornaments! The stockings are beautiful! I remember when you stitched those!!!

Andrea said...

Oh my gosh, what a beautiful stitching tree!! All of your stitched ornaments are just wonderful! Love the stockings too!
Someday I'd like to have one tree dedicated just to stitched ornies like that :-)

Blu said...

Your tree looks amazing! And so many beautiful stockings! They're all gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful tree, and the stockings are amazing! Your pics have really put me in a Christmas mood today!

Robin said...

I think you have me on a mission. After seeing your Christmas tree I think I need to make a few ornaments each year with the goal to (one day) have a tree as pretty as your stitching tree!

Debbie said...

Just Beautiful! Love all the stitching ornaments and stockings. Your home looks very festive!

Theresa said...

Wow!!! Look at that tree!!! It is amazing!!!!!!

Shari said...

Gorgeous!!!!!!! Details please!?!?!? The stockings that say Avalon & Judy...any info would be great!!!!!
Shari

Carol said...

Oh, my, I love that stitching tree, Barbi!!! You have so, so many ornaments. My problem is that I have tended to stitch a lot through the years, but I always give them away. I guess it is time for me to be a bit selfish and keep some for just me :)

Beautiful work on everything!!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Barbi, What a fantastic tree and those stocking, wow!

Robin said...

Oh, my gosh, your tree is awesome! And I love all the stockings. I can see your needles have been flying over the years.

Nancy M said...

Great stitching tree! How great to have one tree dedicated to just that! I thought I had lots, but nothing in comparison! I have stitched 2 of the stockings you have! Both of the CS&CC ones. They are full of details!

Melinda said...

Gyönyörűséges!!!
Igazi karácsonyi hangulat lehet már nálatok!:)
Köszi a látogatást!:))

Mylene said...

WOW! What a beautiful christmas tree full of stitching ornaments. Your stockings are all gogreous too!

Michelle said...

Wow - your stitching tree is amazing! It must be so wonderful to unpack all those special items each year :)

The stotckings are so beautiful and so perfectly finished and displayed! What a wonderfully festive room!

Hazel said...

Oh wow what an amazing tree and decorations!!! I was feeling kind of proud of my little 2 foot tree that is starting to fill up till I saw yours. Ahhh how much stitching I'm going to have to do haha. xx